Monday, January 25, 2010

This and That

Are you loving the new year so far?
20-10
It screams: START ANEW!

Ya know how every year you make those "New Years Resolutions" and you don't really ever keep them? Well, how bout this year we consider working on our goals and actually stick to them. I vote yes.

Why?

Because. It's the greatest feeling to say that you accomplished something and completed a goal and being able to check the box indicating it is "complete!"

I love that feeling.

For Example: Reading.
One of my New Years Resolutions is to read at least one novel every month, making it at least 12 books by the end of the year.

I WILL keep this goal.

The reason for this resolution is because I love reading and I LOVE books, even more than I do reading. One of my favorite places to be is Barnes and Noble; I have a weakness for buying books. I buy books, but I never read them. If I start books, I rarely finish them.
BUT NOT THIS YEAR!

Any suggestions as to what books I should read? I've got a list already: any I should add???


SOOOO, last weekend (15th, 16th, 17th and 18th) we had a big sleepover as roommates. A few of us dragged our mattresses into the living room and every night we would watch movies and eat not-so-healthy snacks! We basically had a lazy weekend and it was awesome! We didn't have school on monday, which made the sleepover that much more fun.
I love my roomies! :)






Want to see a pr.et.ty SAweet invention???
Okay....make that TWO!
Truly amazing!




Need a pick-me-up?
This will pick you up, for sure.
Just...believe! :)


How Inspiring!


3 comments:

Kristen said...

just one reading suggestion: Read Inkheart and give me back my book. :)
hahaha.

Shelby Boyer said...

The Hunger Games--SO good!!!

And Edith Wharton (her books always smell good)

The Poisonwood Bible is still a fave.

Alas, Babylon is one of the greatest disaster books ever written.

Michael Crichton is all good, if only a little heavy.

And if you haven't read the Goose Girl, you must.

Anonymous said...

haha you guys are so cute.. dragging your mattresses into the living room.. =)

let me think on the reading thing. i could prolly come up with suggestions, but not sure they'd be up your alley? ...
~m