Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reading Rainbow



No...not the show....

But, I do think about it often.

Thinking about reading makes me think about Reading Rainbow.

It was a strange show, but I have lasting memories
from it. Some even give me the shivers. :(


ANYWAY!

What I'm really talking about is just plain old reading.

I will have you know that I have always loved it, but my true love (in that category) are the books, not the reading. {remember, though, I DO love reading!}

I love books. So much.

In all honestly, I could spend hours in a book store...and I'd probably end up buying all the books (especially if I had endless amounts of money)...but, the catch: I'd most likely never read the books. Not ALL of them, at least.

...NOW, to the point....

As I mentioned my Reading Resolution once, awhile back and here I am mentioning it again.

I am learning to be a better reader and I am so flippin' proud of myself!

So far this year--since January 1--I have read 7 books!!! For some of you, that may seem like nothing...you could probably do that in a month...but for ME,
THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Just so you know...I have finally read the first two of the seven Harry Potter books.

Go me! :)

I am just loving this reading fix I'm on!

I just finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (the second one) and afterwards I needed another book immediately! I felt sad and bored because I didn't have a book to read.

So me and Michelle went to the Library and got some books to read!

I love this. I am so proud of myself.

So very proud! :)

2 comments:

heather b. said...

Way to go Chel! I too made a resolution to read more. One book a month was my goal. From January 1 to now I have read...one book! I forced myself to sit down on my birthday and finish the book I've been reading since December.

Glad you're doing better than me!

Anonymous said...

aha!
i actually finished a book recently! i'd been reading it for, oh.. several months. i'm "in the middle of" at least 10 books, some of which were started years ago. i know, it's sad.

~m